This is a family favorite in our house….the recipe below makes two pie plates which serves 4 (a serving size being 1/2 a pie plate).
It is by no means a low-calorie, low-sugar, low-fat breakfast. But it sure is good….and filling!
Original Pancake House: Apple Pancake
1½ cup milk
1 cup flour
3 T sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
4 T butter
2 apples- sliced
½ tsp cinnamon
4 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix first group of ingredients together and blend well.
- Place two 10″ pie plates (or cast-iron skillets) in oven to warm. In the meantime, slice the apples.
- Add the butter to the pans, return to oven until melted.
- Add the apples to the pan, stir to coat well then return to oven until softened slightly. (Do not brown the apples)
- Top apples with cinnamon and ½ the brown sugar. Pour batter over the apples then sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Return to oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.